Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Cutting the budget on the BBC

Well, another year another budget.

On the other hand the BBC hit a new low. I could not believe the banality of their truly appalling coverage. Jade Goody- disgraced Reality TV star nobody- was seriously wheeled out as a commentator.

This is beyond parody.

I think I want the entire BBC team responsible for this turgid fiasco to quit producing -NOW.

John Reith, the founding Director General of the BBC put forward three principles for the corporation to live by: to educate, inform and entertain.

WTF????

A Budget commentary team of Trisha Goddard, Jade Goody, Colin Jackson and the rest is simply absurd. What maddens me even more is that this was done at my expense, as a license and (even more heavily laden) tax payer.

This is even beyond dumbing down- it is a spit in the eye of anyone with an even remotely informed view of politics and economics.

Resignations should- indeed must follow

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much will these "experts" have been paid? In total, just thousands, or tens of thousands?

maswey said...

thank you nice sharing

cep program

Cherrypicker said...

Is there a way for individuals donating money to help in the BBC's budget? I live in America, but swear by the BBC! The BBC is my major source of news and analysis. I will hate to see it underfunded.