Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Oh the irony...

Scene: Outside 1970s house in Ross on Wye:

Canvasser, Cicero (for it is he), knocks on door which opens:

Elderly Lady: Yes..
Cicero: Hello Mrs Xxxxx, I am calling on behalf of Chris Bartrum, your Liberal Democrat candidate in the upcoming Herefordshire elections, I wonder if you will be coming out to vote on May 3rd?
Elderly Lady: Oh I don't think so..
Cicero: Can I ask if you have voted our way before?
EL: Well, no, you see we are Jehovah's Witnesses and we never vote.

Door closes.

Exit Cicero grinning evilly and cackling...

5 comments:

HE Elsom said...

I once canvassed some Jehovah's Witnesses in Colchester. They were dying to shut the door on me, but I kept bothering them for three or four minutes. Truly rewarding.

Cat said...

'Twouldn't be a bother to me! I would love to have someone come to my door, especially a "Christian" who could defend their views using the Bible, just as Jesus and his disciples did in the first century. Acts 20:20 - "...from door to door."

A NY JW said...

That Lady gave a wrong reply...

She has voted already - for Jesus' Heavenly Government.

Let's just hope that till it takes affect here on the earth that she's a law abiding tax-paying citizen ;^)

Tom Papworth said...

On the back of the latest edition of (ALDC's?) campaign guidebook is a nice photograph of me having persuaded a JW to sign my Green Tax Switch petition.

Don't give up on them too quickly!

Anonymous said...

OVER 450 JEHOVAH'S WITNESS LAWSUITS, COURT CASES, ETC. SUMMARIZED


This website summarizes 300 United States court cases and lawsuits affecting children of Jehovah's Witnesses, including dozens of cases where the Parents refused to consent to life-saving blood transfusions:

DIVORCE, BLOOD TRANSFUSIONS, AND OTHER LEGAL ISSUES AFFECTING CHILDREN OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

http://jwdivorces.bravehost.com/



This website summarizes 160 United States court cases and lawsuits filed by Jehovah's Witnesses against Employers:

EMPLOYMENT ISSUES UNIQUE TO JEHOVAH'S WITNESS EMPLOYEES

http://jwemployees.bravehost.com